Telesales: Selling And Outbound
Few things are more annoying than dealing with telesales companies. These are business interests that are never going to leave you alone, once your number begins to circulate. There are a number of solutions to the problem that are available to you, but is it really possible to get rid of these creeps for good?
Dealing With Telesales Companies
Whether the company in question is selling a legitimate product or service, or if they are a pure scam operation that is out to completely rip you off, there is no point in hoping that these telesales companies will disappear from the face of the earth. This is certainly a nice thought, but the unfortunate reality is that these companies are always going to exist.
More to the point, they are always going to look for ways to bother you.
One of the biggest problems with these companies involves the tricks they employ. These companies understand that you are not going to say yes right at the beginning. Because of this, the challenge on their end is to keep you on the phone for as long as possible. Studies show that the longer you stay on the phone with a telesales company, the more likely it is that you will eventually give in to what they are trying to sell you.
Telesales reps play to win, and there are several ways they will try to keep you on the phone:
- • They might try to be friendly. They will attempt to lull you into a false sense of security with ordinary conversation about the weather, your day. When they drop their sales pitch into the conversation, it suddenly becomes very difficult to deal with these outbound callers.
- • They may pretend to know a lot about you. Unfortunately, in this day and age, it is very easy to get some basic information on your background. Telesales reps may come at you with some of your basic background information, which they can use in a variety of unappealing ways.
- • They might pretend they’re calling you for a follow-up. Many outbound calls from telesales companies claim that they are simply calling to follow-up on a product or service you expressed an interest in earlier.
- • They might employ a sense of urgency. They may try to appeal to your own sense of urgency, by claiming that the offer is only going to be available for an extremely limited time.
- • They might tell you that you’ve been chosen for a special del.
- • They may even begin to bully you, telling you that you would be a fool to pass up such an offer. Depending on how much information they have on you, this can get very personal very quickly.
- • They will attempt to wear you down by calling you over and over agai.
How To Deal With Telesales
In the end, your best bet with telesales companies is to simply learn which numbers to avoid. This is one possibility. If you are dealing with a real person, tell them not to call ever again, hang up, and report the number.
The TOP 20 of this month.
- 092224644 - Marketing call